Chicken Soup for the Soul: Shaping the New You: 101 Encouraging Stories about Dieting and Fitness… and Finding What Works for You
No one likes to diet, but the personal stories in this book will encourage and inspire readers with its positive, practical, and purposeful tales of dieting and fitness. Readers will find hope, help, and hints on getting fit and staying healthy in these 101 stories from those who have been there, done that, and maintained it. Stories about wake-up calls and realizations, moving more and eating better, self-esteem and support, and lifestyle changes, big and small, will motivate any reader looking to start fresh or needing a boost. This is a great book for anyone embarking on a healthier lifestyle.
This Chicken Soup book arrived at my door step at exactly the right moment. I have been struggling with healthy eating and exercise lately, and it’s showing on my butt and thighs! No matter how often I tell myself that I’m going to make better choices, I fall off the wagon and help myself to sugary, fattening treats.
Like many people, I am motivated by the success stories of others, and I love to read other people’s stories (hence the interest in blogging…), so a Chicken Soup book about diet and fitness is exactly what I needed.
The book is full of stories from people who have lost weight and how they did it. They talk about exercise techniques, programs, diets, nutrition and the messages that we tell ourselves. I’m still working my way through the book, but it has given me the “kick in the butt” that I need to get back on track with my weight loss and fitness goals.
Win 1 of 3 copies of Chicken Soup for the Soul: Shaping the NEW you!
Open to Canada and the USA.
Look at these Chicken Soup for the Soul books and tell me which one(s) you think would be good.
- Tell me why you want to win (once daily). Please leave the date of your mandatory entry.
tweet the following (1 entry per day – please include the link to your tweet): #Win Chicken Soup Book @Kidsumers http://wp.me/p1kE1I-vj US & Canada ends March 11 #giveaway
- subscribe to my RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (5 entries – enter each one separately)
subscribe via email (or tell me you already did) – include the email address you used (5 entries – enter each one separately)
- Submit this giveaway to a contest site or giveaway linky. Leave a comment showing me where you entered it. (1 entry per listing – unlimited)
follow me on Twitter @kidsumers – (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- Follow me on GFC and leave a comment telling me your GFC name.
- Follow me on Network Blogs
put my button on your blog – leave your website address (5 entries – enter each one seperately)
- blog about the giveaway – leave a link to your post (3 entries – enter each one seperately)
comment on one of my other non-giveaway posts (just tell me which one) (1 entry per comment – limit 1 per post)
*Contest closes at 10:00 pm EST on March 11, 2011. Open to US and Canada.
*I was provided with a copy of this book to review. My opinions are my own.