I love the Toronto Zoo. I went several times as a child, and when I became a Mom, it became an annual ritual for my son and I to spend a beautiful summer day at the Zoo. As he got older and our family expanded, the Zoo became even more of an event…because we had little people who were seeing it with fresh eyes. The addition of fun things like Splash Island and new exhibits, the Zoo is always a new and fun experience!
In the fall, I had the chance to go to the Zoo and found a whole new Zoo experience. With the beautiful autumn scenery and air, and it wasn’t busy like I am used to. I loved it and I think that fall will be a new favourite time to visit for me! This year, I am going to broaden my experience and visit in the winter. The Zoo has some great activities in January.
Here is what’s happening at the Toronto Zoo for the week of Jan. 1 to 8, 2012:
- Free wagon rides, presented by Right at Home Realty
- Meet the Keepers
- Complimentary hot chocolate from Van Houtte Coffee
- And more WILD animal fun!
And don’t miss the Zoo’s New Year’s Eve Family Countdown party!
The 9th Annual New Year’s Eve Family Countdown
Front Entrance, Indo-Malaya and Tundra Trek 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm
(doors open at 4:45 pm) on December 31st
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS AN OUTDOOR EVENT
- Special Animal Visits & Keeper Talks
- Great Entertainment
- Great Food
Ring in 2012 with some NEW animal friends!
Visit with some new and wild friends in the Indo-Malaya Pavilion and in the Tundra Trek. Don’t miss some great entertainment including ABBAMANIA, The WotWots and Majinx Magic Show. Plus check out Meet & Greets with Shrek and of course some WILD animals! The fun begins at 5:00 pm and runs until 8:00 pm when we have our very own Kid’s Countdown.
- Please note this is an outdoor ticketed event, prices applicable to all members, space is limited and we can not guarantee tickets will be available night of event
- Please be advised that indoor pavilions and outdoor exhibits will be closed as of 7:30 pm – which gives everyone just enough time to make it to the Front Entrance Courtyard for the Kid’s Countdown at 8:00 pm!
- Maximum 10 tickets per purchase.