I’m pretty sure I have the pickiest children on the planet. When I hear parents talking about how their kids only eat fruit and vegetables and everything healthy…I wonder what I did wrong! I have always offered them healthy food, yet they still reject it most of the time.
Since they are such picky kids, I need to be creative to make sure they are getting the healthy food that they need. Here are some of my tricks for ensuring my kids are eating a balanced diet:
- Offer them smoothies, which gets them some fresh fruit, but add in other important things like yogurt or sneak in some vegetables (cucumbers add a nice flavour that the kids don’t usually reject)
- Cut raw veggies and offer them with dip
- Sneak pureed vegetables into some of the meals we cook (cauliflower works well in mac and cheese; carrots are easily hidden in pasta sauce)
- Hide the flavour. Cheese sauce makes broccoli more tasty, salad dressing makes a salad better, and a little butter can make wax beans more enjoyable for picky eaters
- Offer nuts, yogurt and cheese as snack foods
- Only provide whole grain bread, pasta and crackers
Do you have a cute picture of one of your kiddos enjoying some Tyson chicken nuggets? Enter the Get A Smile Give A Smile contest!
Thanks to Tyson’s 100% All Natural Chicken Nuggets, now you don’t have to choose between making your kids happy and feeding them balanced meals.
But I’m curious, how do you ensure your child maintains a balanced diet? Join the conversation and Tyson will select a winner and donate $500 in the winner’s name to a local food bank!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson Nuggets. The opinions and text are all mine. Official Sweepstakes Rules.