Before I joined the Finish Revolution, I was having a really hard time with my dishwasher. All of our dishes were being left with crumbs and debris in them, especially the glasses and bowls. It was really frustrating and no matter what setting I used or how much I rinsed the dishes, this was happening. I even took apart the dishwasher in an attempt to find the problem, and we were discussing buying a new dishwasher.
Thankfully, I was sent some Finish Dishwasher Cleaner, and I decided to give it a try. Guess what? It solved the problem. In 8 years, I had never run a cleaner through our dishwasher. I had no idea that it was required! I had run the dishwasher with water and vinegar just to clean out any hard water stains, but the Finish cleaner did so much more. The very first time I washed dishes after cleaning the dishwasher, everything was clean! And every day for the next two months. I started seeing the same problem again, and did another cleaner, and the problem is solved again. I will be cleaning the dishwasher every month from now on!
There are a lot of things that we need to know about dishwashers in order to avoid unnecessary maintenance or even replacing machines that are not broken. Here are some important tips and information from Finish…
- Properly loading the dishwasher will help you get the most out of your dishwasher
- Dishwashers work best when used with hot water
- A box powder sitting under sink will lose its effectiveness.
- Under the sink is often the 2nd moistest place in the house (after bathroom), so the powder can cake up (clump together) and the consumer may take a fork to break it apart and/or scrape it into dishwasher.
- However, detergents are designed to be activated by water – as soon as the detergent becomes wet, it’s activated and done all the cleaning it can do.
- By the time it gets into the dishwasher, it has lost its cleaning ability.
- Therefore make sure always use fresh detergent.
- Quantum is rated 1 phosphate-free detergent by Consumer Report magazine.
- Quantum is rated number 1 because it has both the enzymes and bleach cleaning agents.
- Using a rinseaid lowers surface tension, allowing water to slide right off, allowing dishes to dry faster.
You can win 2 boxes of Quantum Finish!
Contest Closes May 31st, 2012