As a Mom and a blogger, I know the importance of a good camera. I need something that I can grab quickly and use in any weather situation, and something that can survive when my kids get their hands onto it! I was recently given the Fujifilm FinePix to try, and it is the perfect camera for me! It is waterproof (and we love to swim!), shock proof, dust proof and freeze proof! I have never had a freeze proof camera before, and I can’t wait to try it in the winter.
- Shockproof design allows the camera to withstand a 1.5-metre (or 4.9 feet) drop
- Waterproof down to a depth of 5 (or 16 feet) metres allows for total submersion and underwater photography
- Freezeproof to temperatures of -10°C – ideal for the slopes, winter hikes, or any cold weather activity
- Dustproof casing prevents dust and sand from entering the inner workings of the camera
- A 14.4MP CMOS sensor captures every detail for high-quality images
- The Fujinon 28mm wide-angle 5X optical zoom lens helps you capture the real scale and depth of a scene at a wide angle
- CMOS Shift I.S. (Image Stabilization) helps reduce blurred photos by freezing action and minimizing blurs at maximum shooting range
- Full HD 1080p Movie shooting allows you to capture gorgeous movies in 16:9 format – ideal for viewing on your HDTV or HD monitor
- In-camera editing lets you fix and adjust photos and videos without uploading them to your computer first
- Capture the whole scene with an easy pan of the camera thanks to Motion Panorama 360 Mode
- Face detection and red eye removal help make people pictures their best by optimizing the settings and focusing on the face
- Tracking Auto Focus keeps quick-moving subjects in frame and in focus
- Large 2.7-inch LCD display provides ample screen space for shot composition and image/video reviewing
While we haven’t had a chance to try it out in the water yet, I did get to take some pictures with it. The other day I looked out back and saw a not so common site … a heron on the fence! I grabbed the camera and zoomed in to take a picture. It was actually quite a distance away (it is sitting on my neighbour’s fence, far side) and the picture turned out pretty well. I was glad to have a picture to show the kids when they came home.
I also used it at Canada’s Wonderland, where I snapped a picture of a very hot Avery while we stood in line for a ride. It was such a hot and humid day that I was worried the picture would fog over, but it didn’t.
You can find this awesome camera at The Future Shop, and it comes in orange, blue and green. It retails for $199, which I think is a great deal considering how durable it is!
One of my lucky readers will get a chance to win a Fujifilm FinePix 14.4 MP Camera (ARV $199)!
Contest closes Oct. 5th, 2012.