As a Mom, it’s important to me that I make food for my children that is natural, healthy and that they will enjoy! This is one of the reasons I love Smucker’s Simple Blends Fruit Spreads. They are made with natural ingredients, full of delicious fruit and they have no preservatives.
Smucker’s is the leading brand in jams, jellies and marmalades in Canada, and they offer a variety of delicious products. Take a look at the Smucker’s Simple Blends fruit spreads available:
- Summer Fruit fruit spread – a delicious blend of strawberry, red cherry and raspberry
- Wildberry fruit spread – a unique combination of wild blueberry, boysenberry, raspberry and cranberry
- Fieldberry fruit spread – a mouth-watering blend of strawberry and boysenberry
These fruit spreads are sweetened with organic evaporated cane juice and white grape juice concentrate. They have no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives, making them the perfect choice for my family!
The Smuckers website offers a variety of recipes for breakfast meals, and I decided to give one a try. I took their Muesli Parfait recipe and made some adjustments for my preferences. I used a granola that I love, and since we had fresh strawberries in the house, I topped my parfait with them instead of almonds and berries. It turned out delicious!
- ½ cup (125 mL) Smucker’s® Simple Blends® Wildberry Fruit Spread, divided
- ½ cup (125 mL) Greek style yogurt, divided
- ½ cup (125 mL) oats
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) ground flax
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Fat Free, Regular or 2% Evaporated Milk
- ½ apple, peeled and grated
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) orange juice
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) sliced almonds
- Muesli: Combine 2 tbsp (30 mL) fruit spread and ¼ cup (50 mL) yogurt with remaining ingredients.
- Parfait: Layer Muesli with remaining fruit spread and yogurt in 2 parfait dishes and repeat.
Muesli mixture can stay in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
One of my lucky readers has the chance to win a picnic set for two with Smucker’s Simple Blends valued at $100!
Contest Closes September 21st, 2012.