Homemade Garlic Bread
Recipe Type: Bread
A delicious garlic bread to serve with your favourite italian dish.
- 2.5 cups cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Garlic mixture:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Heat the oven to 250 degrees. Turn it off again once it reaches that temperature.
- Stir the yeast and sugar together, and then add to the warm water. Leave sitting for 5 minutes until the yeast is bubbling.
- Mix the flour and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the water, sugar and yeast mixture to the flour and salt. Mix until you have a soft dough.
- Kneed the dough until it is soft and elastic. It should be slightly sticky.
- Put the olive oil in a bowl or baking dish, and roll the ball of dough in it so it is covered in oil. Cover the bowl.
- Put the bowl in the warm oven for approximately 30 minutes until the dough has doubled in size.
- Once the dough is ready, kneed it down and then shape it into a long loaf. Place it on an oiled baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 25 minutes.
- Mix all of the ingredients for the garlic mixture and set aside.
- Once the bread is cool to the touch, cut diagonal slices across the loaf, and place it on a piece of foil on the baking sheet.
- Pour the garlic mixture over the loaf, and wrap the foil around it.
- Place the wrapped loaf in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.