Kellen is ten years old today, and to celebrate this milestone I am going to share 10 things I love about Kellen (and ten of my favourite pictures too)!
1. His devilish smile. You always know when Kellen is up to something because he has this perfect smile that just screams “I’m innocent…not really.”
2. He knows how to take on a challenge. He may need some time to process it, but he usually will rise to the occasion and surprise us all.
3. He loves his siblings. He is probably one of their biggest annoyances too, but when push comes to shove…he will always be there for them.
4. Kellen loves to learn. He may know more about the Titanic than anyone I have ever met, and he loves the chance to learn about new things. He loves to read, but he will take a book about volcanoes over a novel most days.
5. Our shared interests. Kellen and I both have some rather unusual interests. We both love to watch shows like Mayday where we can learn what went wrong and how disaster could have been averted, and we both have an overall fascination with airplanes, landmarks (like the CN Tower shown below) and natural disasters. I love that he and I can share that because most people just think it’s weird, lol.
6. His resilience. Kellen has ADHD, and there are times when this has been a huge struggle for him. It impacted his social relationships and his day to day life, but he has overcome each challenge as he faced it.
7. His sense of style. He knows what he likes and it doesn’t matter what anyone else says or thinks about it.
8. I love watching Kellen when he’s with his friends. He lets loose and has fun, and I know he truly values those relationships.
9. I love that Kellen tries his best, whether he is playing hockey, swimming or playing a video game…he does the best that he can and always tries to increase his best the next time.
10. I love that Kellen is my son.
Happy Birthday Kel! We love you!