I had fun with my last attempt at candy making, so I wanted to try it again. This time I whipped up some chocolates for St. Patrick’s Day. I think my second try at dipping chocolates was much better than my first! And they taste great too.
- 1 package white chocolate chips
- 1 container white frosting
- green food colouring
- 1 package semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp shortening
- Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave.
- Add the frosting to the white chocolate mixture.
- Add food colouring.
- Mix with a hand blender until completely mixed.
- Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet, and put the mixture onto the parchment paper. Smooth to desired thickness.
- Place in freezer for one hour or until hardened.
- Melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips with the shortening in the microwave, in 30 second increments until smooth.
- Cut the frozen candy into 1-2 inch squares.
- Dip in the melted chocolate and return them to parchment paper.
- Refrigerate until hardened.
Here is what the center part looked like after freezing…