My Grandmother used to bake the most delicious pies. She made everything from scratch and it always came out perfect. I didn’t inherit that from her. Baking something from scratch is not a high priority for me, and my lack of interest shows in the final product. So…to save everyone the pain of having to eat a rock hard pie crust, I purchase pre-made pie crusts from Tenderflake. They always turn out great, and I can always put it in a glass pie dish and pretend I made it (not that I would ever do that…). With Easter coming soon, I am working on some ideas for Easter desserts and decided to try out this Apple Crisp Pie recipe.
- 4 large Granny Smith Apples
- 1¼ cups rolled oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup flour
- 1¼ cups butter, softened and cut in 1″ cubes
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tenderflake pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Peel and cut each apple into 6-8 slices.
- Mix the rolled oats, flour and half of the brown sugar in a bowl.
- Use your hands or a mixer on low speed to mix the butter thoroughly through the sugar/oat/flour mixture.
- Put the apple slice in a separate bowl and mix them with the cinnamon, remaining brown sugar and lemon juice.
- Add the apple mixture to the pie crust.
- Pour the flour/sugar/oat mixture over the apples.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the pie is browned and apples are soft.
Be sure to join us at the Tendeflake #BakeItEasy twitter party on Tuesday, March 26th from 9pm-10pm EDT. There are over $1900 in prizes to be won, including two KitchenAid Mixers! You can RSVP here: http://kidsumers.ca/2013/03/join-the-bakeiteasy-twitter-party-march-26-9pm-edt/.
If that isn’t enough Tendeflake excitement for you, I also have a great giveaway to share! Two of my lucky readers will win 4 free product (Tenderflake) coupons each!