We have made a few visits to the Disney World over the last few years and we have had the experience of staying both off site and at the Disney Resorts. Last year we stayed at the Cars section of the Art of Animation Resort and my most recent visit to Disney for the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration gave me the opportunity to stay at the Contemporary Resort for a few days and the All-Star Movies Resort for the second half of the week.I will be sharing reviews of the resorts in time, but for now I wanted to share my ten reasons for staying at a Disney Resort when visiting Disney World:
- The Magical Express: The Disney magic starts right at the airport when you book the Magical Express! This is a free bus that will take you right to your resort. If you use the provided luggage tags, you can also skip the baggage carousel because Disney will collect your bags and have them delivered to your room.
- Special Treatment: When you make your Disney resort reservation you are asked if you are celebrating anything special. It can be a birthday, anniversary, first visit to Disney or anything that you feel is worth celebrating. When you check into your resort, you will be presented with a button to wear sharing your celebration!
- Key to the World Card: Your room key does so much more than just open your door! You can elect to add purchasing privileges to some or all of the room keys, making it easy for your family to purchase meals, souvenirs, etc while out in the parks. Your Key to the World gets you into the parks during extended hours, stores any dining plan purchases you’ve made and enables you to get FASTPASSes in the parks.
- Fun hotels and activities: Each Disney resort is uniquely decorated for it’s theme. The Art of Animation and All-Star Resorts are so fun for the kids with their larger than life statues, and there is always something exciting happening around the pool. The resorts I have stayed in had arcades, food courts or restaurants and shops as well.
- Extended park hours : Each day one of the Disney theme parks will have extended hours either in the morning or at night that are just for resort guests. These hours allow you to visit the park when it is not busy, which means you can get on your favourite rides faster!
- Transportation: Disney has it’s own transportation system. From your resort, you can hop on a bus to any of the Disney theme parks, water parks and even Downtown Disney. Each park has a bus depot to take you to another park or back to your resort, and some resorts offer ferry or monorail transportation as well.
- Fun wake up calls! I set a wake up call every morning and each time I was greeted by one of my beloved Disney characters blasting me for not being downstairs on time…before apologizing for calling the wrong room. It made me giggle every time, and it certainly made getting up more fun!
- Purchases delivered right to your door: If you find the perfect gift while you are out in the parks, you can have it delivered right to your room. This means you don’t have to carry purchases around all day!
- Take a rest during the day: Disney is exciting and it can also be exhausting! When you stay at a Disney resort you can take a bus back to the resort for a midday rest before tackling more fun.
- Great sales and discounts: If you like the Disney World facebook page and follow blogs like mine, you will discover great discounts and sales for Disney Resorts. Visit the Disney site to see the great room discounts and free dining offer that is available now!
I was invited to the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration and I was provided with discounted tickets and accommodations. I was not required to share this post and my opinions are my own.