Bacon has it’s own cult following and my family has some of the members! While we all enjoy bacon, my oldest son and my daughter are absolutely crazy about it. If I ever want them to eat something, I just need to add bacon! In a family of six, we can finish off an entire package of bacon in just one meal, but I remember the days when there were just two of us, and it was more difficult to use it all before it went bad.
Maple Leaf has a new product called Bacon Portions that solves the problem of bacon going bad! Each package has two separate pouches so that you can open just one half at a time. It’s brilliant! I made a recipe below with a full package of Maple Leaf bacon, but you can reduce the ingredients to make a smaller salad too.
- 1 package Maple Leaf bacon, cooked and cut in 1" pieces
- 4 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 cup cubed cheddar
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup orange sweet pepper, cut in bite size pieces
- 3 cups lettuce, cut in bite size pieces
- 1 cup baby spinach
- Arrange the first six ingredients and 1 cup of lettuce on a plate as shown.
- Line the serving dishes with the remaining lettuce and spinach.
One of my lucky readers will win six product coupons (each for $5 off) to try out the new Bacon Portions.
I am a member of the MLF Connects program. As part of my participation in this program I have received compensation, however all opinions are my own.