One week from today I will be on an airplane with my daughter, Mom and niece heading to Disney World for the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration. We’re pretty excited about it, and we have been planning what rides we will go on and what shows we will see, and we’re going to have a very special Mother’s Day brunch together while we are away. Avery has also been scouting out where all of her favourite characters will be in the parks. In December she had a chance to sit down with Ariel, and she’s been hoping to meet her favourite Disney Princess, Merida. She was over the moon when we got this invitation…
I can’t imagine anything more exciting than meeting all of the Disney Princesses at once while Merida is welcomed into their Royal Court! I can’t wait to share pictures with all of you.
There are some exciting Disney things happening at home for those of you who can be with us.
Sofia The First: New Episodes!
What a great way to start the month off! Sofia the First will feature new episodes on Sunday May 5 and 19 at 11:30am ET.
Sofia the First “The Princess Test” premieres Sunday, May 5 at 11:30am ET. In this episode, Sofia finds out what being a true princess is all about when she is sidetracked on her way to an important Princess Test at her school.
On Sunday, May 19 at 11:30am ET, the Sofia the First episode “Baileywick’s Day Off” will premiere! Baileywick’s day-off is frustrated by demands from Sofia, Amber and James until the royal siblings learn an important lesson in gratitude.
We will be watching that episode! Learning to be grateful and show appreciation has been a big topic in our household lately. It’s always nice to have life lessons reiterated through their favourite shows.
On Sunday May 12th, Disney Junior will be celebrating Moms all day! Take a look at the great line up for Mother’s Day!
- 9am: Special Agent Oso – Eun-Kyung wants to make a handprint as a Mother’s Day gift for her Mom, but she doesn’t know how!
- 9:30am: Handy Manny – Manny gets a call from Mr. Lopart’s Mother to build a mantle for her fireplace. Mr. Lopart is disappointed that his mother didn’t call him so he follows along.
- 10:00am: Jake and the Never Land Pirates – Mama Hook Knows Best! When Captain Hook’s mother comes to visit, Captain Hook takes her on a treasure hunt. However, Mama Hook isn’t proud of her son when she finds out that Hook didn’t find the treasure on his own! In the end, Mama Hook presides over a pirate tea party with Captain Hook, his crew – and Jake and his crew!
- 10:30am: Jake and the Never Land Pirates (PREMIERE) – The Mystery Pirate! When a mysterious masked pirate swipes Jake’s Sword and Captain Hook’s hook, Jake, Hook & their crews are set off on a wild chase. All are astounded to finally find out who the mystery pirate is… it’s MAMA HOOK! Turns out that she wanted to find a way to get her son James working together with the little sea pups in an effort to make him a better pirate!
- 11am: Doc McStuffins – When Doc is dancing with Lambie, she accidentally gets Lambie caught on Sir Kirby’s sword, and Lambie rips! Doc brings Lambie to Mom, and Mom agrees to take on the ‘surgery.’ With Doc as her assistant, Mom sews Lambie up.
And the most exciting news of all (at least in my opinion) is that the Disney movie Tangled will premiere on Saturday, May 18 at 6pm ET. We absolutely love this movie and it is a great opportunity to pop some popcorn and curl up on the couch for some family time.
“Disclosure: I’m part of the Disney Junior Mom program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.”