I love BBQ chicken but I find my sauce never stays on the chicken and then it doesn’t end up having all of the flavour I want it to have. I discovered a way to thicken my favourite bbq sauce while adding a little extra flavour and making sure that it stays on the chicken and not on the grill.
Grill Recipe: Barbecued Chicken
- 5 skinless chicken breasts, bone in
- Chicken & Rib BBQ Sauce (enough to cover all chicken pieces)
- 3 tbsp Chicken & Rib BBQ Sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Mrs. Dash grilled chicken spice
- Coat your chicken in BBQ sauce, place it in a ziploc bag and leave it in the fridge for the day.
- Place your chicken breast down on the hot grill, set to medium.
- Mix the 3 tbsp of BBQ sauce, honey and Mrs. Dash in a small bowl, heat for 20 seconds if the honey is too thick to mix.
- Turn the chicken after 15 minutes and give each breast a thick coat of the honey/BBQ sauce mixture.
- Leave it on the grill for an additional 15 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.