Father’s Day is right around the corner and we are working on some fun gift ideas that we can make ourselves. With an exceptional HP printer, I have been able to come up with some fun ideas! The HP site and Snapfish both have some great printables and projects that you can personalize. I love this Father’s Day card because I could add the kids’ pictures right to it, and it prints out beautifully.
After choosing our card, I decided to put together some coupons for the kids to give to my husband. He works hard and we thought it would be fun to give him 12 coupons (one per month) that he could cash in for things like an hour of uninterrupted sports watching (with four children and a dog…an hour without interruption is hard to come by!), breakfast in bed, sleeping in on a Saturday and the dinner of his choice. Each coupon has some conditions, but otherwise he is free to use them at his leisure!
Our last project may not be for everyone, but it’s perfect for my husband. He’s a huge fan of Cougar Town and enjoys yelling “Penny Can!” along with the guys in the show. I thought it would be fun to make Mike his own Penny Can! I emptied a coffee can and found an image online that I could use to make the label. I also found the game rules online and printed them. Using my HP printer and photo paper, this is how our penny can turned out.
Penny Can is a game invented by Bobby Cobb. It involves throwing a penny into an empty paint can. It is often accompanied by copious drinking.
Find the Rules at Cougar Town Wiki.
You can come up with some fun ideas for Father’s Day crafts too, and get a chance to win an HP ENVY 120 e-All-in-One printer, and an HP Printing Supplies Kit (photo attached) which includes:
– High- capacity Original HP XL Ink cartridges that save up to 40% on your printing. Colours included: Black and Tri-color
– HP Bright White Inkjet Paper (sustainably-sourced, FSC- certified paper with ColorLok technology for brighter colours, fewer smears and bolder blacks)
– HP Advanced Photo Paper, Glossy, 4″ x 6″
To enter, you must complete ONE of the following THREE TASKS:
- HP Loves Dads: Nominate a special father in your life and share why this dad should receive a new HP ENVY 120 printer for Father’s Day. How would he use it in his everyday life to balance being productive and staying connected with loved ones? You can submit your nomination through words, photos and captions or video.
- Dad’s First Gadget: Tell me about your special father’s first tech gadget and what it meant to him.
- Keep Calm and Craft On: Design a unique, personalized, DIY Father’s Day gift. Share step-by-step instructions on how you created the project and provide a photo of the finished Father’s Day gift. You can share your creations on the Kidsumers’ Facebook page or Pinterest Board and leave a comment here with the name of your creation and the instructions.
You MUST complete one of these entries to qualify, and I will be checking the randomly drawn winner to ensure that they completed the mandatory entry.