My husband and I discovered antijitos at a restaurant a couple of years ago, and we have been hooked ever since. They have just the right amount of spice and savour and they are oh so delicious! I have never made my own before but after reading several recipes, I think I have found the combination that works best for me. Here is my first attempt at antijitos.
Appetizer Recipe: Antijitos
- 6 large Dempsters Originals Tortilla Wraps
- 1 large container (400 g) cream cheese
- 1/2 large green bell pepper
- 1/2 large red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 small onion
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Prehead the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the cream cheese, peppers and onion together in a food processor.
- Spread the cheese mixture evenly over the wraps.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese over the cream cheese spread.
- Roll each wrap up and wrap them each in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Cut the wraps into 1″ pieces and place in a baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with sour cream.
I was really happy with how these turned out. My daughter loves antijitos so I didn’t want them to be too hot for her, and with just one jalapeno, they were perfect. If you like your antijitos a little hotter, it would be great with more jalapeno too.