Recipe: Pizza Dough
Summary: Pizza dough recipe for making your own homemade pizza
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 teaspoons active yeast
- 1/3 cup sunflower oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour
- In a mixing bowl, add the yeast to the warm water, let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add the sunflower oil, salt and half of the flour to the bowl, mix thoroughly while scraping the sides of the bowl.
- Add the remaining flour and mix on high. You may need to add the flour in stages.
- Set aside your dough in a warm dark place. Leave it for one hour.
- After it has risen for an hour, punch it down in the bowl and let it sit for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from bowl and knead it out into a flat pizza crust and place on your 12″ pizza pan.
- Let sit for 35 minutes before adding toppings.
Homemade Deep Dish Pizza
- Pizza dough
- 2 tbsp pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup ground italian sausage
- 4 strips bacon
- 1 small zucchini, sliced and quartered
- 4 large mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet green pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green olives
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup diced tomatoes with herbs and spices
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan
- Make pizza dough using the above recipe, only add the dough to a 10″ cake pan with the dough pressed into the bottom and up the sides of the pan before letting it sit for 35 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Fry the onion and brown the ground beef and sausage and drain fat.
- Cook the bacon and break it up into small pieces.
- Spread the pizza sauce on the bottom of the pizza crust.
- Cover the sauce with the mozzarella cheese.
- Add the cooked meat and onion on top of the cheese.
- Put the diced tomatoes on top of the meat and cover that with the parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.