Recipe: Pizza Dough
Summary: Pizza dough recipe for making your own homemade pizza
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 teaspoons active yeast
- 1/3 cup sunflower oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour
- In a mixing bowl, add the yeast to the warm water, let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add the sunflower oil, salt and half of the flour to the bowl, mix thoroughly while scraping the sides of the bowl.
- Add the remaining flour and mix on high. You may need to add the flour in stages.
- Set aside your dough in a warm dark place. Leave it for one hour.
- After it has risen for an hour, punch it down in the bowl and let it sit for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from bowl and knead it out into a flat pizza crust and place on your 12″ pizza pan.
- Let sit for 35 minutes before adding toppings.
Homemade Deep Dish Pizza
Recipe Type: Entree
A flavourful deep dish pizza recipe.
- Pizza dough
- 2 tbsp pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup ground italian sausage
- 4 strips bacon
- 1 small zucchini, sliced and quartered
- 4 large mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet green pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green olives
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup diced tomatoes with herbs and spices
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan
- Make pizza dough using the above recipe, only add the dough to a 10″ cake pan with the dough pressed into the bottom and up the sides of the pan before letting it sit for 35 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Fry the onion and brown the ground beef and sausage and drain fat.
- Cook the bacon and break it up into small pieces.
- Spread the pizza sauce on the bottom of the pizza crust.
- Cover the sauce with the mozzarella cheese.
- Add the cooked meat and onion on top of the cheese.
- Put the diced tomatoes on top of the meat and cover that with the parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
You can substitute any of your favourite pizza toppings, but your cooking time may have to be adjusted for additional items or moist toppings like pineapple.