The slow cooker makes my life so much easier on busy days, and it frees up my time to spend with the kids or get some work done. I can really get into a slump though, and even though we love roast beef, I get tired of always serving it. I love Chicken Stew but I don’t have a recipe of my own for it. With the Club House spices I can make a delicious Chicken Stew & dumplings with very little effort at all!
Club House Chicken Stew & Dumplings
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 2 cups potatoes, cut into 1″ cubes
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1 package Club House chicken stew mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- Mix the chicken, celery, carrots, potatoes and onions to the slow cooker.
- Add the Club House chicken stew mix to the water, stir and add to the slow cooker.
- Set the slow cooker to low for 8 hours.
- After 7 hours, add the frozen peas and stir and prepare the dumplings as follows.
- Mix your dry ingredients well.
- Add the melted butter and milk, mix well.
- Divide into 6 portions and set them on top of the stew mixture in the slow cooker.
- Leave them to cook for 45 minutes.
This stew freezes well too so if you want to double the batch, you can have your dinner ready to go for another day.