Weekends are for family, and I like to show my family how much they mean to me by treating them to a delicious brunch. Sometimes I make my brunch recipes the night before and let them sit all night, but I don’t always plan that far ahead so I like to have variations that can be cooked right away. On this particular morning I got up and took a look around the kitchen to see what I had on hand. A loaf of Villaggio bread, eggs, some leftover ham and cheese was enough to put together something delicious.
Here is one of my favourite breakfast casserole recipes.
Brunch Recipe: Egg & Ham Casserole
- 5 slices Villaggio bread, cubed
- 3/4 cup frozen spinach, defrosted and drained
- 1 cup leftover ham, cubed
- 3/4 cup grated cheese
- 8 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Spread your bread in the bottom of the dish, top with ham, spinach and cheese.
- Beat the eggs, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the bread mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the egg is cooked all of the way through.
This is such an easy recipe to make and you can do so many variations on it. My kids were not pleased with the spinach addition I did on this one but I thought it tasted great. Bell peppers, mushrooms, onions and tomatoes are other great vegetable options.
I served this breakfast casserole with oven baked french toast and I’ll share that recipe with you in the future. It is another great recipe made with Villaggio bread.