My two youngest boys are picky eaters. They announce “I don’t like this!” at nearly every meal, and usually before they even know what it is that they have been served. It’s frustrating to cook day after day only to hear groans and complaints when I put their meals in front of them. I do have two other children and a husband who are appreciative and happy with my cooking, but the complaints seem to be a little louder than the thanks! There is something that I can do to ensure my children will at least try their meals, and that is to add cheese to it.
I recently made the Chicken Cordon Bleu Undone recipe from the Kraft Cheesefest website. It did turn out juicy and delicious. The Swiss cheese hidden inside made it all the more enticing. Guess what? They loved it! I knew they would, but without the cheese they most likely would not have given it a try.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Undone
- 2 small boneless skinless chicken breast s (1/2 lb/225 g), cut horizontally in half
- 4 slices leftover cooked ham
- 4 Cracker Barrel Swiss Cheese Slices, cut in half
- 1/4 cup Kraft Rancher’s Choice Dressing
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Pound chicken to 1/4-inch thickness on cutting board. Cover with ham and cheese. Starting at one short end, tightly roll up each breast.
- Place, seam-side down, in 13×9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Brush with dressing.
- Bake 25 to 30 min. or until chicken is done (170ºF).
I often use cheese to encourage the kids to eat their dinners. I think the Kraft parmesan cheese shaker may have some magic powers because a little shake of that almost always gets them to take a bite of their food.
The Kraft Canada Website has many delicious recipes that you can make for your family, and you can sign up for the what’s cooking recipes by email at http://www.kraftcanada.com/recipes-by-email. I have found many delicious recipes that even appeal to my picky boys, and that is priceless!
Take part in the #KraftCheesefest Twitter Party on Tuesday, April 1, 2014 at 9pm ET / 6pm PT for your chance to win one of five $100 grocery gift cards!
Then visit Kraft Cheesefest for even more easy, cheesy recipes with your favourite Kraft cheese products.
Melted. Grated. Shaved. Baked. No matter what you do with cheese, it makes everything taste better.