As part of my family’s goal to eat healthier and not order meals, I am making freezer bag meals. I prepared several meals for my husband and kids to have while I am traveling. My husband loves beef stew, so I put together two bags of freezer bag beef stew (and I am hoping that he saves one of them for us to have together when I get back).
Recipe: Freezer Bag Beef Stew
- 1 lb stewing beef
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup baby carrots
- 4 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 pkg Club House Beef Stew Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup red wine
- Mix the flour, salt and pepper.
- Use this flour mixture to coat the beef.
- Add the beef and remaining ingredients to a ziploc bag, remove as much air as possible and seal. Freeze for later use.
- When ready to use, defrost in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Deposit contents of bag into the slow cooker and cook on low for 8-10 hours.