Homemade chicken noodle soup is perfect on a cold day or when you’re feeling a little under the weather. We have had a lot of appropriate days for it, so I put some together in a freezer bag meal. It is all ready to pull out of the freezer and throw in the slow cooker, but you do have one dry ingredient to add later in the day. Check out the recipe below.
Slow Cooker Recipe: Freezer Bag Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, cut in bite size pieces
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp rosemary
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups egg noodles
- Tear apart the chicken thighs into smaller pieces.
- Mix everything except the egg noodles into a doubled freezer bag.
- Defrost in fridge for 24 hours before cooking.
- Place in slow cooker and set to low for 8-10 hours cooking.
- Add more chicken broth for a more “brothy” soup.
- Add the egg noodles to the soup 30 minutes before serving.
We enjoyed this soup so much that we forgot to snap a picture, but I’m getting ready to make another batch so I will add a picture ASAP. Let me know if you try my recipe. I love to hear thoughts from my readers!