If you visit here often you will know that I love to prepare meals in the slow cooker. It is a really convenient way to make sure my family is eating healthy home cooked meals! My new Hamilton Beach Intellitime Slow Cooker is making sure our slow cooker meals are never overcooked.
IntelliTime™ 6 Quart Slow Cooker
One Control Option:
- Push large dial
- Turn dial to set the desired number of cooking hours
- Once desired time is selected, cooking cycle will start in 5 seconds, or push button again to start immediately
- Slow cooker will beep to indicate cooking cycle has begun.
- Timer will countdown as cooking progresses.
- Automatic switch to Warm when cooking cycle is complete
The six quart size is perfect for my large family, and I love the removable ceramic dish. One of the handiest things about this slow cooker is the “hook” that is at the back. I can put it on so that it becomes a stand for the glass lid, or attach it pointing down so that the cord can be wrapped around it for storage.
It can be set for a specific amount of time (in 30 minute increments) anywhere from 4 – 12 hours or it can be set at low, medium or high. I love the flexibility on time settings. It worked really well for this Slow Cooker Shepherd’s Pie I made.
Slow Cooker Shepherd’s Pie
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup beef gravy mix
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen vegetables
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups mashed potatoes
- Brown the ground beef, rinse the fat and set aside.
- Put the beef and all ingredients except for 1 cup of water and the mashed potatoes into a large freezer bag.
- Freeze until ready to use.
- Defrost for 24 hours before preparing.
- Add the contents of the bag into the slow cooker with the cup of water.
- Set the slow cooker for 8 hours.
- After 6 hours of cooking, add the mashed potatoes to the top of the shepherd’s pie mixture.