Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and in my house it’s also the most predictable. Cereal is the standard breakfast meal for the kids. I will either make a fruit smoothie or cereal and my husband is most likely to skip it altogether. It gets boring after awhile and I love to find ways to make it more interesting. I don’t have a lot of time for cooking in the morning, but breakfast burritos are quick to make and tasty to eat! Dempster’s Tortillas are perfect for making these breakfast burritos.
- Dempster’s Tortillas (6)
- 6 eggs
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- salsa, optional
- Scramble the eggs, adding half the pepper and tomatoes while scrambling.
- Divide the egg mixture onto the tortillas
- Add the remaining peppers and tomatoes to the tortillas
- Add the cheese to the tortillas.
- Wrap and secure with a toothpick.
- Add salsa if desired.
For this recipe I chose corn tortillas, but you can choose from any of the great Dempster’s Tortillas. They have white, whole wheat and even some flavoured varieties. If you aren’t up for spices in the morning, you can try a fruit and cheese burrito for breakfast, or even try some yogurt and fruit.
These breakfast burritos were a big hit with my daughter and I loved them too. Now I need to find a sweet breakfast wrap that will make my boys happy without loading them up on sugar. I’ll share that soon!
Disclosure: I was compensated for this post. All opinions are my own.