My favourite meal of the day is breakfast. I could have breakfast foods for every meal and be a very happy woman, but that doesn’t mean I’m munching away on sugary cereal every day. Most mornings I treat myself to a fruit and vegetable smoothie that gives me the energy boost I need to start the day, but sometimes I
forget to wash the blender need a change in the mornings and decide to make something else. Today was one of those days! I wanted to have something filling and healthy for breakfast, and I wanted it to be delicious too, and here is what I came up with from the ingredients in my fridge.
- 2 eggs
- ⅛ cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup salsa
- 2 tbsp crumbled feta
- Handful of baby spinach leaves (10-12 leaves)
- Heat a small frying pan at medium on the stove top.
- Beat the eggs, milk and salt and pepper in a bowl until mixed.
- Pour the mixture into the pan. Let sit for one minute before adding anything.
- Add the salsa, spreading it evenly over the pan.
- Sprinkle the crumbled feta cheese over the egg mixture.
- Place the spinach leaves on top.
- Let it sit in the pan until the outside edges of the omelette start to brown.
- Carefully fold the omelette in half.
- Cook until the open edge of the omelette is no longer watery.
This could also serve two for breakfast if you add a fruit salad on the side. It was just for me this morning, so I ate it all myself. Lucky me!