When you are offered a sandwich, what is the first thing that comes to mind? Is it a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, a lettuce and tomato on toast sandwich or do you come up with more hearty ideas? I for one am tired of the boring and predictable sandwiches! A sandwich doesn’t have to be a brown bag item. It can be a meal on by itself!
People across the country and creating their own dinner sandwiches, and some of being pretty creative! Take a look at these people who maybe take DIY a little too far.
Turkey Club Deluxe
- 2 slices Dempsters Bread
- 1 tbsp applewood smoked bacon mustard
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 leaves green leaf lettuce
- 3 slices tomato
- 2 slices herbed havarti cheese
- 4 slices avocado
- 3 thin slices of smoked turkey
- 5 slices cooked bacon
- 1/4 cup fried onions
- Cook your bacon, set aside.
- Fry the onions while cutting up your other vegetables.
- Toast your Dempsters bread.
- Spread the mustard on the top slice of bread and the mayo on the bottom.
- Starting with the lettuce, layer the ingredients in order on the sandwich.
- Place the top slice of bread, insert a toothpick on each side of the sandwich before cutting in half.
This sandwich was so savoury and delicious. It was also very filling and I could only finish half of it, but that means it was perfect for two instead of one! Here is a look at the sandwich before I added the top slice of bread.
A peak at the finished result after it was cut in half…
You can see more great dinner sandwich ideas by checking out the DIYSandwich social media channels.