Summer is finally here, meaning you’ll be spending lots of time in the car for day-trips and vacations with the family. We know road trip packing can be stressful – it’s mom’s job to be prepared for the unpredictable and remember everything, right?! To ensure your vacation starts off on the right foot, here is a list of our top summer travel tips and tricks.
Take time to prep
- Dedicate time well before departure to plan your pack—yes plan. Check the weather forecast, ensure flight times are accurate, check construction and closures and find alternative routes to make a realistic travel route to get you there on time. If flying, remember to double check what you can bring in your carry-on to avoid anything being thrown out.
- Avoid the morning of mad dash to gather all necessary toiletries and invest in a travel set of essentials. Do you need a full size shampoo and conditioner for the family to share, or can you use the adorable mini travel-sized items, like the super cute and convenient mini Scope Outlast ($2.99*) to maintain fresh breath on the go? If you have essentials you just can’t duplicate, like an electronic toothbrush, add them to your last minute pack list.
To pack it right, pack it light!
- The lighter the better! We know packing with kids and pets it may be difficult to live by this mantra, however keeping things light and simple leaves room for souvenirs.
- Downsize by bringing items that have more uses than one. Bring Pampers Sensitive wipes ($3.99*) – they work wonders for baby’s bottom and do double duty by wiping faces clean of juice spills and other sticky messes. Be sure to have Puffs Basic Tissues ($5.99*) on hand to aid in the unexpected clean up!
- Bounce Free & Sensitive Dryer Sheets ($8.99*) are a great static solution on the go. Rub along your electric-charged clothing item to help remove pesky static!
- When packing clothing, try rolling versus folding. It often helps keep things less-wrinkled and can save space in your suitcase. And to keep everything smelling fresh, longer, spray the inside of your suit case with Febreze Fabric Refresher Extra Strength ($2.99*).
- Always remember to bring a first aid kit. No one wants to get sick on vacation so be prepared for everything that may get thrown your way. From cuts, bruises, to colds and allergies, be ready to tackle it all so the fun never stops!
One of my lucky winners will win this giveaway that is valued at $50* and includes:
- Febreze Car Vent Clip Air Freshener – $3.99*
- Febreze Fabric Refresher Extra Strength – $2.99*
- Scope Outlast – $2.99*
- Charmin Basic – $4.99*
- Puffs Basic Tissues – $5.99*
- Pampers Sensitive wipes – $3.99*
- Bounce Free & Sensitive Dryer Sheets – $8.99*
- Oral-B Pro-Health Cross Action Manual Toothbrush – $7.99*
- ORAL B Pro-Health Glide Floss – $3.99
- Bounty DuraTowels White Paper Towels 2 King Rolls 49 Sheets – $3.49*