With all new content Reality Shock! is a mix of “can’t bear to look, but can’t look away” stories, people, facts and photos. It’s just the ticket for teens and tweens, whether they’re reluctant readers or constant page-turners.
Reality Shock! delivers strange stories, bizarre bits and twisted tales like only Ripley’s Believe It or Not! can. The content ranges from cute to creepy; what’s “great!” to one reader is just plain “gross!” to another – that’s part of the fun of Reality Shock!
Sections in Reality Shock! include:
- ANIMALS – meet real-life wolf-man Werner Freund, who lives with a pack of wolves and feeds them directly from his mouth
- SPORTS – find out why the new British sport of bubble soccer is such a kick
- BODY – you won’t believe how a 56-year-old grandma can function with 18-inch long fingernails; she hasn’t cut them in 20 years!
- FEATS – Canadian Lonnie Bissonnette is like no other BASE jumper – he hurls himself off bridges in his wheelchair
- ART – learn about one photographer’s “Snot Shots” – they certainly are something to sneeze at
- FOOD – people at one festival dine on octopus – while it’s still alive!
Reality Shock! is the perfect gift for curious minds, thrill seekers, and anyone interested in exploring the world of the extraordinary.
Reality Shock! is my son’s kind of book. He has always been drawn to the Ripley’s books and I knew this one would be appreciated too. As soon as he saw it, he jumped away from the computer (and that is a big deal for him) and grabbed the book. It’s come with us on a drive across the Eastern US and goes up to his bed every night. I am grateful that he hasn’t shared everything that he finds fascinating because some of it is just too strange for me, but it is always good to see him enjoying reading and learning.
One of my lucky readers will win a copy of Ripley’s Reality Shock of their own!