We have made it through the first week of school with very few bumps along the way. We made it to school on time every day, there were few complaints about their lunches and I even managed to get all of the paperwork filled out and sent back to school. They all went with a pair of indoor shoes and a pair of outdoor shoes too, which I consider a huge win since we usually don’t have both pairs on the first day of school. The kids got up early each day and I got up even earlier, to ensure they had a healthy breakfast that they would eat without a fuss. We are officially back in the groove!
One of my secret weapons for our week running so well is the Hamilton Beach Dual Breakfast Sandwich Maker. This awesome little machine helps me make perfect breakfast sandwiches that the kids love. In a matter of minutes I can serve up a breakfast sandwich made to order. My son likes his on a bagel while the rest of us prefer english muffins, and everyone has their own preference for what goes on the sandwich. After a bit of trial and error, I have developed my ideal breakfast sandwich.
Bacon Egg & Cheese Muffin
- 2 english muffins
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices processed cheese
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 3 slices bacon, cooked crisp and broken into pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the bottom half of the english muffin in the bottom of each ring of the Dual Breakfast Sandwich Maker.
- Put half of the bacon and tomato on each sandwich.
- Take half a slice of cheese and fold it in half before placing in on top of the bacon and tomato.
- Close the top rings on the sandwich maker.
- Crack an egg into each ring, breaking the yolk on each one.
- Shake some salt and pepper onto each egg.
- Fold the remaining halves of cheese and place them in the middle of each egg.
- Top each egg with an english muffin top.
- Close the lid and set the timer for 4 minutes.
- Carefully remove from the sandwich maker and enjoy!
I have used this machine four times in one week. To make the process run a little fast I pre-made some bacon and keep it in the fridge so it is ready to use. Ham and sausage are other great options.
How would you make your breakfast sandwich if you owned a Dual Breakfast Sandwich Maker?