Having a delicious and nutritious meal doesn’t mean you have to spend the day in the kitchen. Maple Leaf Prime makes wholesome food that helps families eat well even on the busiest of days. My kids enjoy food that they can eat with their hands too, so these chicken quesadillas were a hit all around. Maple Leaf Prime Chicken Breast Strips were the main ingredient I used to make this dinner in just 15 minutes.
Recipe: Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas
- 2 large tortilla wraps
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1/2 cup Maple Leaf Prime Precooked Chicken Strips, chopped
- 3 tbsp salsa
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place one Wrap on a pizza stone or baking sheet.
- Spread 2/3 of the cheese over the wrap.
- Evenly place the chicken pieces on the wrap.
- Top the chicken and cheese with the salsa.
- Add the remaining cheese on top of the salsa.
- Place the second wrap on top.
- Brush the edges of the wrap with water.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
I used my pizza maker to make this chicken quesadilla, but you can make it in the oven as described in the recipe. I also forgot to brush the edges with water, so I had a crispy edge on my quesadilla.
Here it is, all ready to bake. You could add fresh vegetables to your quesadilla too, or even a little hot pepper to spice things up a bit.
Let it sit for a few minutes before cutting, so that the cheese has a chance to solidify a bit and hold your ingredients inside. Serve it with some sour cream and salsa on the side.
Discover more delicious meal ideas on the Maple Leaf Prime Facebook page.
I have been compensated for this post, but all opinions expressed are my own, and all recipes and photos are my own.