My first Christmas in my own place was a last minute adventure. My toddler son and I were supposed to head back to my hometown to spend the day with family, but a snowstorm prevented us from traveling anywhere. Rather than spend the day as a twosome, I invited over a college friend who was also stranded and whipped up a ham dinner for the three of us.
My friend was grateful for the company and the meal and we were all famished by the time we sat down at the table. I hope I was the first one to try the ham (although I am unsure on that one) because I spit it right back out.
It was rancid.
We ended up having some hot dogs with some vegetables and potatoes on the side, but it was still a special Christmas that I will always remember because it was spent with my son and a good friend.
We all have our holiday disasters to confess, and Campbell’s is encouraging Canadians to spill the beans at www.campbellsholidaysecrets.ca. In return for sharing their holiday flubs, consumers have a chance to win one of 100 pre-paid credit cards valued at $100 each. That would make up for any embarrassment that may be endured by sharing your mistakes!
To help you get through these holidays without any gaffes, Campbell’s has a sleigh full of helpful holiday hacks to get you through any sticky situation, including:
- Pepperidge Farm® Cracker Chips – Fill a bowl with these and no one will notice that dinner’s late!
- Campbell’s® Ready to Use Broth – Brings flavour to dishes and helps prevent dry conversation.
- Campbell’s® Condensed Soup – The perfect foundation for classic recipes (that even your mother-in-law will love).
- Pepperidge Farm® Cookies – Put your foot in your mouth? Your guests would prefer these.
- Goldfish® Chocolate Grahams – Not a master baker? Throw some of these in a bowl!