When you have a house full of children like we do, going out for dinner as a couple doesn’t happen very often. When we do get the chance to go out together, we prefer not to do it on a busy night like Valentine’s Day. Our Valentine’s Day includes a home cooked dinner for the entire family.
My husband and I are making healthier choices and I want to make sure we don’t lose momentum because of Valentine’s Day, so I want to avoid red meat or high calorie meals. Chicken seems like the perfect choice, and this Orange-Cranberry Chicken doesn’t just look right for the holiday, it is also very easy to make and is sure to be a hit!
- 1 pkg chicken thighs (12-15 thighs)
- 1 can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup pure orange juice
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Arrange the chicken in a casserole dish.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a pot and heat over high heat until boiling.
- Turn down to low and heat for 5-10 minutes to thicken.
- Pour enough sauce over the chicken to cover all, and continue to heat the remaining sauce on low.
Pair the orange-cranberry chicken with some wild rice and asparagus and you have a healthy and delicious dinner that is perfect for your Valentine!