Many people take the New Year as a time to make changes and set goals, but unfortunately many of those resolutions are forgotten just a few weeks after they are made. One of the most common changes people want to make is with their health. Whether it be weight related or a goal to make healthier choices, most of us are looking to make some improvements. Drinking water is a healthy choice that is easy to make and not hard to stick with all year long.
In a recent study conducted by Brita, results showed that less than 50 per cent of Canadians are actually drinking the recommended two-to-three litres of water. Are you a part of the group who are drinking it? I like water, yet I seem to easily forget to refill my water bottle as much as I should. Take a look at this infographic for more information.
– Three-quarters (74 per cent) of Canadians are most apt to choose a sugar sweetened beverage when thirsty because they are more readily available than healthier options
– 78 per cent of Canadian adults feel they should be drinking more water than they typically do
– Less than 50 per cent of Canadians are actually drinking the recommended two-to-three litres of water
– 37 per cent of Canadians state they do not drink enough water because they do not like the taste of tap water and are concerned about purity levels
– Over two billion sugary drinks are consumed annually in Canada and yet the report shows that 91 per cent of respondents felt that obesity is more of a problem in Canada today than it was five years ago
Since I started drinking three litres of water each day I have noticed I have fewer cravings for snacks, my skin is softer and best of all, I’m losing weight! It’s amazing what water can do for your body!
To help you get your water in each day, I am giving away a Brita prize pack featuring Brita pitchers, bottles, and filters!