The VIP treatment isn’t a necessity, but who doesn’t like a little special treatment now and then? I got just that when I visited the InterContinental Toronto Yorkville, just as I do with every visit to any hotel in the InterContinental Hotel Group (IHG).
InterContinental Hotels Group is a Leading, Global Hotel Company. IHG has over 4700 hotels around the world. They offer guests quality rooms like the gorgeous King room seen below that I stayed in at the InterContinental Toronto Yorkville. The sitting area works for a gathering of friends, and at the end of an evening out I had a blissful night of uninterrupted sleep. I rarely concede that a hotel has a comfortable bed, but this one was heavenly. If you are traveling with children, you can book a suite for the night and still get a restful night’s sleep.
They view out my window was of the Royal Ontario Museum and we were in proximity of many Toronto family hot spots. The Concierge is on hand to walk you through all of your options, and here are some of my personal recommendations:
- Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament – the whole family will love this exciting show full of knights, battles and horsemanship
- The CN Tower – enjoy dinner with an incredible view, or just tour the tower and enjoy the sights
- Ripley’s Aquarium – discover deep sea creatures and ocean wildlife that you have never seen before… or at least not in the same manner as you will at Ripley’s
- The Ontario Science Centre – fill a full day of scientific fun and watch them learn while they play
- Casa Loma – step back in time and discover the treasures inside Toronto’s own castle
You can enjoy a first class meal at Signatures Restaurant that is located right inside the InterContinental Toronto Yorkville. This is where I discovered one of the best meals I’ve ever eaten, and met Chef Andrew who carefully prepared each dish for me and my friends …and he put together some special children’s dishes too. Whether you have special dietary requests or just want your meal tweaked a bit, you can make your request to Chef Andrew and he will treat you like his special guest.
So what was the reason for the VIP treatment? It’s because I’m an IHG member. IHG offers the world’s first and largest hotel loyalty program: www.ihgrewardsclub.com and IHG is also the first and only to offer free internet / Wi Fi, globally, to ALL loyalty program members. Here are some benefits to being an IHG member:
- free to join
- points never expire
- earn rewards with each stay
- exclusive offers just for members
- combine rewards with cash to redeem Reward Nights and great merchandise
- great apps – ihg – Hotel Booking, Reservations & Deals; IHG Translator
- earn Aeroplan or Air Miles with your stay
- free upgrades