Spending time together in the kitchen creates special bonding moments between parents and children, and if you are making a delicious treat, it’s that much better! My daughter has a keen interest in learning how to cook and is also a very creative person so she really enjoyed creating these Coconut Peanut Butter Snack Bites.
Coconut Peanut Butter Snack Bites
- 1 cup smooth Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1 cup large flaked rolled oats
- ½ cup raw honey
- 1 ½ cups sweetened coconut
- 1 package dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Chocolates eggs (optional)
- Mix the first four ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Roll the mixture into 1” balls and place on a baking sheet. If you desire, you can place chocolate eggs inside of some of the peanut butter balls.
- Chill the peanut butter bites in the freezer for one hour.
- When your peanut butter bites are chilled, prepared the chocolate for dipping.
- Using the microwave or a double boiler, melt the dark chocolate chips and the coconut oil together, mix well (note: I have an induction stove top so I heated mine in a pot on the burner).
- Dip the peanut butter bites in the melted chocolate and place on the baking sheet.
- Return the dipped peanut butter balls to the freezer to chill.
- Melt the white chocolate chips and decorate the peanut butter balls with the chocolate in a pastry bag.
- Keep refrigerated.
I placed chocolate eggs inside of some peanut butter balls as a bit of a surprise, but most were left without in order to keep these peanut butter bites low calorie.
My daughter enjoyed hiding the eggs inside the Peanut Butter Snack Bites. She said it was like an edible Easter egg hunt, which I thought was very clever. She did a great job decorating her peanut butter snack bites too. The end result was a delicious treat that was also a little piece of art.
Making Peanut Butter Snack Bites isn’t just a great way to spend quality time with the kids, it can also win you a prize!