Grilled Cheese sandwiches are a hit with children and adults alike, so it’s no surprise that there’s an entire month dedicated to celebrating them. April is National Grilled Cheese Month, and I’m sharing with you one of my favourite grilled cheese recipes made with Arla Dofino Jalapeno Havarti cheese.
Arla Dofino offers a range of family-friendly cheese types, such as Havarti and Gouda. All Arla Dofino cheeses are free of added hormones and preservatives, and crafted with quality, natural ingredients. These are the reasons I’m happy to feed my children Arla Donfino cheeses…but I love them for myself too.
I crafted a grilled cheese sandwich with Jalapeno Havarti, but it can be made with any variety of their havarti cheeses. My son loves the dill flavour and the garden vegetable is popular with all of my family members. This particular sandwich was just for me and my husband.
Tomato, Zucchini & Jalapeno Havarti Grilled Cheese
- 2 slices of your favourite bread
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 small zucchini, sliced lengthwise into thin strips
- 3 slices tomato
- 3-4 thick slices of Jalapeno Havarti (enough to full cover a slice of bread)
- Butter one side of each bread slice, leaving no spots unbuttered.
- Grill your zucchini on both sides.
- Place both slices of bread, buttered side down, on the grill.
- Add the zucchini to one slice of bread.
- Place the cheese on top of the zucchini.
- Add the tomato on top of the cheese.
- Top it with the second slice of bread, buttered side up.
- Grill until the cheese starts to melt, then carefully flip the sandwich over.
- Grill until you see the cheese melting in the other direction.
- Cut and serve.
See more delicious grilled cheese sandwich recipes by searching the #GooeyGoodness hashtag and by joining the #GooeyGoodness Twitter Party.
Anyone who participates in the Twitter Party has a chance to win one of two grand prizes: the ultimate Grilled Cheese pack, including:
• Le Creuset® Sandwich Press
• Le Creuset® serving tray
• Le Creuset® plates (set of 4)
• Crate & Barrel OXO® Fish Spatula
• Anthropologie Apron
• Year’s worth of Arla Dofino cheese & Eureka! Organic Bread
How the Twitter Party works:
• Login into Twitter on Wednesday, April 8 from 8-9pm EST
• Follow @ArlaDofino, @TwoPeasandPod and @FoodieCrush
• Search for the hashtag #GooeyGoodness
• Join the conversation! Tweet using #GooeyGoodness so others see your comments