Travel is in my blood. It’s my passion and I’m very fortunate to be able to travel through my blog. Before almost every press trip and conference I notice the same question being asked on social media…
“Are you bringing your computer?”
It may seem like a silly question considering we are all working on these trips, but it isn’t really. Computers can be heavy, they add an extra step when going through security, they can’t be plugged in on most airplanes and we are often so busy that we don’t get a chance to use them anyway.
So do I bring my computer? Yes. Always.
There’s a lot of reasons I bring my computer with me, but it hasn’t always been convenient. I’ve had big, heavy computers that cause me back pain, and I’ve had computers that won’t run unless plugged in. Most recently I had a laptop break on a trip because it was rammed in my personal carry on, which it was too big for. Even though a smaller computer would be ideal for travel, I chose to buy a larger laptop in a 15.6″ HP Envy, because my eyesight isn’t what it used to be and I wanted to look at a larger screen on a daily basis.
Thankfully, HP seemed to know exactly what I needed and they sent me an HP Spectre x360.
The HP Spectre x360 is an extremely thin and lightweight laptop, that pushes the limits with it’s ability to rotate completely. I can use it as a regular laptop, stand it up for easy display or flip it right over and use it as a tablet. That’s versatility!
With a 13.3″ screen, this laptop is the perfect size to put in my purse when traveling. At just 3.26 lbs, it isn’t breaking my back either! When fully charged it offers up to 12 hours of battery life, and I can attest to traveling for nearly 12 hours without plugging it in once.
So why is the Spectre great for a traveling Mom, aside from being small and lightweight? There are so many reasons! On a recent trip to Disney World for the Disney Social Media Moms Conference, I found it useful for the following reasons:
- I completed work while on the airplane without worrying about the battery dying or struggling with the size of the computer on the tray table
- I checked our flight plans and seats from the airport
- I researched Orlando stores and arranged for my son and his girlfriend to make a necessary purchase upon landing
- I kept in touch with my family and friends while traveling
- My children completed all necessary homework
- While I was in the conference, I used the Spectre x360 to take notes, use social media and track my family through the Disney Photopass where their pictures were being uploaded in realtime
- My family members used the Spectre to watch a movie, and to go online
Overall, it was very useful and I would call it a vital need while traveling. Check in tomorrow to find out how else the Spectre is making life easier for this family!