Finding the right mix of health and flavour in a cereal can be a challenge, particularly when your children are weighing in on the decision. With so many sugary options out there I am always happy to find a cereal like Weetabix. It looks different, but it can be dressed up a lot of ways!
Weetabix looks different than other breakfast cereals because it is different! Made with four simple, high-quality ingredients, Weetabix is Non-GMO certified and contains the nutrients Canadians need to fuel their busy days. Each two-biscuit serving is packed with whole grains and is high in fibre – plus, your morning bowl of Weetabix contains just two grams of sugar and 130 calories.
Long before healthy eating became a hot topic, Weetabix made it easy to practice portion control and limit sugar consumption. Weetabix prides itself on using only the highest quality grains, packed full of nutrients, vitamin and minerals, and you will never find trans-fats, artificial preservatives, added colours or flavours listed on a Weetabix box.
With a little creativity, cereal connoisseurs can take their Weetabix biscuits to new heights. Personalize to your taste with maple syrup, honey or nut butters, or fortify your bowls with functional toppings like high-protein greek yogurt, anti-oxidant rich blueberries and blackberries or calcium-rich milk for added oomph to your meal.
You can even take it a step further and use Weetabix to make other healthy snacks, like these breakfast muffins.
Blueberry-Banana Breakfast Muffins
- 4 Weetabix biscuits
- 1 banana
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup soft butter
- 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Crumble the Weetabix in a bowl.
- Mash your banana in a separate bowl.
- Add the almond milk, eggs, honey and butter to the banana.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Mix the flour and Weetabix together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Mix together.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Spray your muffin tins or paper cups with non-stick spray.
- Scoop spoonfuls of batter into muffin tins (I used paper cups in the tins).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Makes 18 small muffins or 12 large muffins.
These tasty breakfast muffins taste so good that the kids won’t even realize they have no added sugar.
How do you like your Weetabix?