Breakfast is not only the most important meal of the day; it’s my personal favourite meal of the day. I never miss breakfast, and it’s important to me that my children eat breakfast too. They are not very interested in cereal, so I’m left with the task of finding breakfast meals that they like.
I feel that they need some carbs for energy, but also protein to keep them feeling alert and full throughout the morning. Of course they need to like it as well, or they won’t eat it! Adding Nutella to our breakfast recipes is a great way to add fun and boost the flavour, like I did with these Banana Waffles.
- 3 eggs
- 5 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup melted butter
- 5 cups milk
- 2 mashed bananas
- 25 cups flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp of Nutella per waffle/serving
- Fruit as desired
- Preheat the waffle iron.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix the eggs, vanilla, butter, banana and milk in a separate bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix.
- Add batter to the waffle iron and cook.
- Remove from waffle iron and plate.
- Spread Nutella over the whole waffle.
- Top with fresh fruit, if desired.
These waffles are a big hit with all of us because they taste great and they keep us fueled all day long. You can find more fun Nutella breakfast recipes at addjoy.nutella.ca, and you can share your own Nutella photos and recipes too!
The Nutella Truck Tour will be adding a little joy to the mornings of Canadians by sharing fresh samples of waffles and fruit skewers with Nutella at major events across the country! The tour runs from June 27 – August 12 at the following locations:
- Toronto: June 27 – July 2 at the Toronto Zoo
- Quebec City: July 10 – 12 at the Festival D’ete
- Edmonton: July 23 – 26 at K-Days
- Montreal: August 8 – 12 at Balloon Canada