My husband likes to make new recipes, and when I mentioned I saw a delicious stuffed mushroom recipe on Pinterest (each mushroom was stuffed with homemade dressing…just for Thanksgiving. YUM!), he decided he needed to come up with a stuffed mushroom recipe of his own. He did a great job too, because these turned out delicious!
Cheesy Stuffed Mushroom Caps
- 24 whole fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Clean mushrooms and carefully break off stems.
- Discard the tough ends of the stem, and chop the rest until they are chopped fine.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and chopped mushroom stems, fry until there is no moisture left, taking care not to burn the garlic. Set aside to cool.
- When garlic and mushroom mix is cooled, stir in cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, black pepper and onion powder. Mixture should be very thick.
- Using a little spoon, fill each mushroom cap with a generous amount of stuffing. Arrange the mushroom caps on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the mushrooms are piping hot and liquid starts to form under caps