When you have a house full of children, you can be sure that someone is going to complain about what you make for supper, except for this cheesy meatloaf recipe.
There is a way to transform everyday meals into extraordinary dinners. It works for both children and adults. Just add cheese to your dish and it becomes an instant hit!
Meatloaf is one of my “go to” meals. I can make it in a hurry and it feeds the entire family. It isn’t always appreciated by everyone though, but this new recipe was a definite hit. No wonder it’s called “Favourite Meatloaf”.
Cheesy Meatloaf Recipe
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup Kraft Calorie-Wise Zesty Italian Dressing
- 1 ½ lbs. extra lean ground beef
- ¾ cup Heinz Tomato Ketchup, divided
- 1 pkg Stove Top Lower Sodium Stuffing Mix for Chicken
- ¾ cup water
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup shredded Cracker Barrel Light Old Cheddar Cheese*
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Cook onions in dressing in large nonstick skillet on medium heat 8 to 10 min. or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Mix meat, onions, 1/4 cup ketchup, stuffing mix, water and egg whites. Shape into 10×5-inch loaf in 13×9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; cover with remaining ketchup.
- Bake 55 min. to 1 hour or until done (160°F). Top with cheese; bake 2 min. or until melted.
*I substituted Cracker Barrel Extra Old Cheddar Cheese because my grocery store was sold out of the Cracker Barrel Light Old Cheddar.
The first thing my daughter said about this meal was “I like the cheese on top of the meatloaf”. I don’t know why I didn’t start adding cheese to it years ago, but I will be doing it regularly from here on out.
You can find this recipe and other Kraft Heinz recipes at www.CheeseTheDay.ca. You may be surprised at how many ways you can add cheese to your recipes!