Parents put special value in handmade gifts from their children. Every year I hang handmade Christmas ornaments on the Christmas tree. Some have been in our family for more than 18 years and I treasure them today as much as I did when I received them.
Teachers care about our children too, and they celebrate their creativity and hard work every day. It stands to reason that teachers would appreciate gifts that their students made for them too. With this in mind, we combined the idea of something handmade with something everyone loves: chocolate.
Giving chocolate to the teacher might be a little cliché, but not when you combine a high quality chocolate bar with an adorable snowman chocolate bar wrapper. Lindt’s Swiss Maîtres Chocolatiers are passionate about creating unique and delicious chocolate experiences, which makes Lindt bars the perfect choice.
This holiday craft is extremely easy and you can be as detailed or simple as you like. We started with the following items:
- Lindt Excellence 70% Dark Chocolate Bar 100g
- Lindt Swiss Classic Surfin Dark Chocolate Bar 100g
- 2 pages legal size white paper (construction paper will also work well)
- Scrap fabric to use for scarves
- 2 black cotton gloves
- 2-4 mini elastics
- Black and orange markers
- Wrap the chocolate bars in the paper and tape it. Leave it open at one end so the chocolate bar can be easily removed.
- Tie the fabric around the middle of the wrapped chocolate bars.
- Pull the glove over the open end of the wrapper and fold the cuff.
- Wrap one or two elastics around the glove at the base of the fingers.
- Draw buttons below the scarf, and a face on the snowman.
You have now completed an adorable gift for classroom or music teachers, coaches or neighbours. Best yet, they can conceal their Lindt chocolate so no one will sneak some away from them!
The opportunities for creative gift giving don’t end there with Lindt. You can use Lindor chocolates or Lindt bars for holiday decoration, cooking, gifting and entertaining. You can find all sorts of inspiration in Lindt’s The Season magazine.
Lindt’s The Season magazine has 24 days of Christmas inspiration and ideas to add a touch of magic to your holiday season. You can complete your entire Christmas shopping list with some Lindt and a little creativity!
Enter the #LindtTheHalls Retweet to Win contest hosted by @sheblogsmedia for a chance to win 1 of 3 Lindt Holiday gift baskets, each including a $150 VISA g/c. Contest runs from Dec 7-11, 2015. See contest details: http://bit.ly/LinEbl2
Although this post has been generously sponsored by Lindt & Sprüngli (Canada), Inc., the opinions and language are my own, and in no way do they reflect Lindt & Sprüngli (Canada), Inc