My snack cupboard is like the Bermuda Triangle. I put things in it, and the next time I open the cupboard … it’s all gone. It seems like my kids are always hungry. I keep healthy snacks on hand and they will eat them, but they get bored or they want something that is a little bit sweet, so I need to have a variety of treats on hand. I don’t mind if they have a sweet treat now and then, particularly if that treat has some health benefits as well. My peanut butter caramel popcorn has the benefit of protein from the Kraft Peanut Butter and nuts, and both the sweetness and the low glycemic index from the coconut sugar. It is sure to satisfy sweet cravings.
Peanut Butter Caramel Popcorn
- 10 cups popcorn (air popped)
- ½ cup unsalted peanuts
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 1 tbsp coarse salt
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¾ cup Kraft Peanut Butter with Honey
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the popcorn evenly over the pan.
- Distribute peanuts and walnuts evenly over the popcorn.
- Sprinkle the coarse salt over the popcorn and nuts.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the coconut sugar and maple syrup to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Add the peanut butter to the syrup mixture, stir until melted.
- Pour the candy mixture over the popcorn and nuts.
- Mix the popcorn and nuts around to ensure there is candy coating on everything.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove and let cool before breaking into small pieces.
Adding Kraft Peanut Butter with Honey to this caramel popcorn elevates a tasty recipe into something even more delicious. I made this recipe alone because it was so quick and easy to make while the kids were all busy, but it would be a fun one to do with the children as well. They already enjoy it, but they are sure to enjoy a snack even more if they play a role in creating it. Visit the Kraft site to get recipe ideas using peanut butter at sticktogether.ca and you’ll find out that with just one jar, there’s endless inspiration. It’s not just a spread!
You have a chance to win a $300 VISA gift card and Kraft peanut butter products (total value of $500)! Enter below and good luck!
Although this post has been generously sponsored by Kraft Heinz Canada ULC, the opinions and language are my own.