Like many Ontarians before me, I’m about to embark on a 20+ hour drive to Central Florida with three kids in tow. We’ve done this drive before and while it may sound daunting to some, it can also be quite the adventure. Stops at unique destinations, enjoying new types of snacks and playing games on the road can fill the time, but how can you keep things organized and clean during the trip?
The newest tool in my travel arsenal is the 20V MAX Lithium Flex Vac. This vacuum comes with a floor head and pet brush so it is handy around the house as well, but it is perfect for the family who likes to take road trips. It’s small and light so the kids can use it to clean up any messes they make in the car and it won’t take up a lot of precious cargo space in the vehicle.
Features + Benefits
- Lithium Technology for strong suction and fade free power
- 4′ flexible hose easily reaches tight spots, high shelves and more
- Stick vac floor head converts FLEX™ vac for larger cleaning jobs
- Pet hair brush easily removes stubborn pet hair
- Cordless, portable and ultra-compact so you can tackle chores without lugging out your full-size vacuum
- High-performance motor delivers strong suction for messes big and small
- Quick charging base keeps FLEX™ vac charged and accessories organized
- Easy to empty, washable bowl and filter for thorough cleaning
- Cyclonic action spins dirt away from the filter to help maintain performance
- 3 Stage filtration system prevents dust and debris from escaping
Here are our other tips for keeping things organized and clean:
- Bring a small garbage can and shopping bags so that the trash doesn’t end up on the floor.
- Pack baby wipes, even if the kids are big. They are great for removing stains on clothing as well as cleaning hands and faces.
- Use a car air freshener, especially if you have teenagers!
- Paper towels and tissues are a must.
- Assign each child a seat that he/she will occupy for the duration of the trip and ensure that each spot has a place for drinks, etc.
- If your car is not equipped with outlets within reach for the kids, pick up a power inverter so they can charge along the way.
- Clean as you go. At each stop, dump the trash and do a tidy up of the vehicle.
With these tips and your Lithium Flex Vac, your car will stay fresh and clean for the full duration of your trip.
One of my lucky readers will win a BLACK+DECKER Lithium Flex Vac.