I’ve been a regular attendee of Canada’s Wonderland since it opened way back when I was still in the single digits. It was an annual tradition with my family and one I always looked forward to. My children found their love for roller coasters and thrill rides at Canada’s Wonderland, and they especially love water slides. One of the greatest family fun additions to park, in my opinion, is Splash Works. This huge water park is located inside of the Canada’s Wonderland and a Season Pass will give you access to it along with the rest of Canada’s Wonderland.
One of the greatest things about this theme park is the variety of rides and activities. There are gentle rides, huge thrill rides and entire sections made just for small children. The swings was one of the first rides I remember going on and we still make a point of riding when we visit, even if we are all a little more daring these days.
There are a couple of new rides on the roster this year: Soaring Timbers and Muskoka Plunge. Soaring Timbers is a unique ride experience that will send guests spiraling through the sky on two massive rotating gondolas that swing riders through sweeping arcs while rotating 360 degrees. Muskoka Plunge is located in Splash Works and is a 60ft (18 m) tall waterslide complex featuring four speed slides. Riders will feel the adrenaline rush when they step into an enclosed launch chamber and suddenly plummet into a high-speed free fall through S-curves and 360° loops at speeds of approximately 40 km/h.
We recently enjoyed a day at Canada’s Wonderland. Take a look at some of the things we did…
Upcoming Special Events:
• The WoofJock Canine All Stars – Splash! International Showplace Weekends, May 13 – June 25: The WoofJocks Canine All Stars will make a Splash in this dock and pool centered show that features both jaw dropping feats of athleticism and crowd-pleasing antics of the WoofJocks.
• Brew & BBQ Action Zone, June 24 & 25: Guests can indulge in a variety of BBQ favourites, from burgers to ribs, while listening to live music and enjoying signature craft brews from some of the area’s best local breweries.
• Parkour Freestyle International Showplace, Daily July 28 to August 15: This high-flying professional stunt team will display their awe-inspiring Parkour skills as they leap, vault and catapult their way through this high-energy, gravity defying show!
• Chinese Acrobatic Show, International Showplace Daily, August 17 to September 4: The Chinese acrobats will display their amazing displays of contortion, flexibility and control as they push the envelope of human possibility with astonishing juggling dexterity and incredible balancing feats.
• KidZfest, KidZville, July 31 – August 6: Join us for a special celebration just for kids, at KidZfest! Live entertainment, foam pits, and MARVEL© Superheroes will take over KidZville for the entire week!
• Taste of Greece, Action Zone, August 19 & 20: Opa! It’s Canada’s Wonderland’s 2nd annual Taste of Greece Festival! From kebobs to signature desserts, we are bringing classic tastes of the Mediterranean! Enjoy a myriad of Greek dishes, music, and street entertainment.
• Taste of Italy, Action Zone, August 26 & 27: Canada’s Wonderland’s 2nd annual Taste of Italy Festival lets you enjoy all of your favourite authentic Italian dishes, from pizza to pasta and everything in-between. Foodies will be serenaded with Italian music as they indulge!
• Food Truck Festival, Action Zone, September 2 & 3: If you love food trucks, you’ll love this festival rolling into Canada’s Wonderland this summer. The park’s Food Truck Festival will feature local food trucks from the Greater Toronto Area, offering Park guests a uniquely delicious culinary experience!
Click here for more details on how to obtain a 2017 Season Pass: https://www.canadaswonderland.com/tickets-passes/season-passes.
I entered into a partnership with Blog Meets Brand and Cedar Fair to visit the park and do this blog post, and it was my pleasure to do so!