Dessert isn’t something we do often in this house but it is a sure way to brighten everyone’s spirits. Apple crisp has always been a popular treat here and I thought I would make it even more delicious by adding a cream cheese mixture. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
- 6 Granny Smith Apples
- 1/2 cup sugar or splenda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2 block cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and slice apples, place in mixing bowl.
- Mix apple juice, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg, coat apples with mixture.
- Put coated apples in a greased baking dish.
- Cut the cream cheese into small squares, melt.
- Mix cream cheese with vanilla and add spoonfuls evenly over the apples.
- In a new bowl, mix all of the remaining ingredients.
- Spread the crumble evenly over the apples.
- Bake for 60 – 90 minutes.