Lions and Cyclones and Dinosaurs, OH MY:
Trio of top experiences included with affordable Roar and Explore Adventure Getaway
Columbus, OH – Columbus is home to the nation’s No. 1 zoo and the No. 1 science center in America, making it the perfect place for unforgettable family fun this summer. Just in time for spring and summer travel, Experience Columbus today launched its Roar and Explore Adventure Getaway, featuring both of these top-ranked experiences and packed with family fun. This affordable package allows guests to experience a trio of top Columbus adventures at a surprisingly low cost. Families can book their Roar and Explore Adventure Getaway online at www.ColumbusFamilyFun.com or by calling (888) 795-3701.
Starting at just $375 plus tax for a family of four, a savings of $84, the Adventure Getaway is available for booking April 1 and includes:
- Four tickets to The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium — Rated the No. 1 zoo in America by USA Travel Guide, Zoo visitors can visit Polar Frontier, where polar bears frolic underwater and swim overhead. They can journey through the African forest, surrounded by leopards, okapis, and bonobos and visit the Zoo’s beloved family of western lowland gorillas, featuring 54-year-old Colo, the first gorilla born in captivity.
- Four tickets to Zoombezi Bay — The only water park adjacent to a zoo, Zoombezi Bay is home to more than a dozen water slides and features, including Cyclone, a spine-tingling 20-plus-mph water ride with a 55-foot drop. Zoombezi Bay will open two new waterslides this summer: Python Plunge and Anaconda Falls.
- Four tickets to COSI – This summer, dinosaurs take over the science center that’s rated No. 1 for families by Parents magazine. This special exhibition features life-like animatronic dinosaurs plus simulator pods where kids can hunt, eat and flee predators. Guests can also ride a high-wire unicycle, use sonar technology and much more in COSI’s more than 300 interactive exhibits.
- Two nights of accommodations (Columbus-area Drury Inn & Suites is the Roar and Explore preferred hotel.) Prices may vary with other hotels.
- Packages are designed for a family of four, but additional family members may be added when booking.
Columbus is a city unlike any other. Vibrant and alive, Ohio’s capital city is known for its unique style: an uncommon blend of neighborhoods, events, attractions and accommodations. Free visitors guides, maps and complete information about visiting Columbus are available from Experience Columbus, the region’s convention and visitors bureau, by visiting www.ExperienceColumbus.com or calling 1-866-397-2657 (1-866-EXP-COLS). The website offers on-line booking at more than 125 hotels.