2011 was a year of changes for my family. It was full of excitement and challenges, good and bad, and we made it through all of it, so to me that means it was a good year for the most part.
We had some milestones:
- my youngest son started Junior Kindergarten
- my oldest son started college
Some life choices:
- I left my full time job to be a full time blogger
- My son decided to become a police officer
Some health concerns:
- My husband had a cancer scare, that we thank the Lord turned out to be something far less serious
- My father had yet another knee surgery, and is still recovering
- My sister developed Bell’s Palsy, but has recovered completely
- We have watched a family member fall deeper and deeper into substance abuse, and felt the effects throughout our family
- My husband has been laid off from his job twice, leaving us with financial obstacles to overcome
Some great experiences:
- We visited Columbus, Ohio for a blog vacation (that means a working vacation, for those who are not bloggers, lol)
- We had our first experience camping in a Yurt
- I attended two blogging conferences: She’s Connected and Blissdom Canada
- My children experienced their first flight, and our family had our first Florida trip
I met so many awesome people. Blogging has opened the door to so many new friendships, and even revived an old one. I’m so grateful for this great career I have, and for all of my readers that make me want to keep doing it!
Have a Happy New Year, and I hope 2012 will be great for everyone!