I bought myself a really nice vacuum about twenty years ago. Now I really shouldn’t complain because two decades is a long time to use the same vacuum, but it seemed to run out of steam around year 18. I noticed I had to vacuum longer and more often to get the carpet clean, and then a few months ago it started to have a burning smell when I used it. I knew it’s days were numbered, and a few weeks ago it quit for good (along with my carpet cleaner, but that’s another story).
I didn’t have the funds to run out and buy a new vacuum right away, so I started using my wet/dry vac, but it was not intended for that type of job, and just wasn’t good enough. Thankfully, Eureka sent me an Airspeed vacuum at just the right moment!
Moves More Air. Removes More Dirt.
- Optimal Air Flow -AirSpeed Technology creates a shorter air path with wider tubes for increased air flow
- Stronger Suction – Whirlwind Cyclonic Technology maintains suction power and separates large debris from fine dust
- Improved Air Quality -HEPA filter captures 99.97% of dust and allergens
- Hassle Free – 14 foot hose and wand plus a 32 foot cord create 46 feet of extended reach to clean quicker and easier
- Pet-friendly – Power Paw with Riser Visor removes dust, allergens and pet dander
- Powerful Clean -12 Amps of suction power
Approximate retail value: $139.99
I didn’t realize just how bad my old vacuum must have been until I used a vacuum that actually works. I have a light beige shag area carpet in the living room, and it is walked on, played on and sat on daily. I vacuum it quite often, but it was still looking really trampled down and rough. I tried the Eureka AirSpeed Gold on it, and you can see the difference! Not only did it pull out a ridiculous amount of dust and dirt, it also pulled the carpet fibers back up so the carpet looks almost new again!
The AirSpeed Gold comes with a few attachments, and my favourite one is the stair and upholstery brush. It has a cover that flips so that you can use it on the step and the kick plate of the stairs, and it does a really good job.
The stairs are another well travelled place in our home, and they were looking pretty rough too. That wet/dry vac just couldn’t handle the trampled in dirt! As you can see from the before and after pictures, the Eureka made a huge difference.
My only complaint about using this vacuum for the stairs is that it is too big to sit on a step and while the hose is long (and the cord is very long), it didn’t reach all of the way up the stairs. When I tried putting it at the top and using the hose to go down the stairs, the whole vacuum wanted to go with it. Luckily the vacuum is quite light, so I was able to hold it and finish the stairs.
The canister is really easy to take on and off to empty, and the filter is easily cleaned too. There are places to secure all of the attachments so they are not falling off and getting lost, and the vacuum itself is lightweight and easy to carry to the different levels of the house. Overall, I am pleased with this vacuum!
You can have a chance to win a Eureka AirSpeed Gold of your own by entering a shared giveaway between Kidsumers and My Little Review Corner!
Contest Closes June 1st, 2012.
To enter the giveaway, check out the entire line of Eureka Vacuums and give me the name of another product you’d like to try! (1 entry).
- Follow me Twitter AND tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet): I just entered to win a Eureka Vacuum and you can too! @eurekaclean @Kidsumers http://wp.me/p1kE1I-2W5 ends 06/01 CANADA ONLY
- Use Eureka’s Help Me Choose feature and give me the name of one of the vacuum suggested to meet your needs! (1 entry)
- like Eureka Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- Follow Eureka twitter page – include your twitter handle (1 entry)
- Subscribe to Kidsumers’ RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (1 entry)
- Subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (1 entry)
- Subscribe to Kidsumers’ newsletter (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (1 entry)
- Subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (1 entry)
- ”like” Kidsumers’ Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- Share this giveaway (use Reshare button on my Facebook fan page
- Follow Kidsumers on Pinterest (1 entry)
- Follow My Little Review Corner on Pinterest (1 entry)
- Follow Kidsumers on Google+ (1 entry)
- Follow My Little Review Corner on Twitter (1 entry)
- Comment on any of my non-giveaway posts – let me know which post you have commented on (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
*Contest closes at 11:59 PM pm EST on Friday, June 1st, 2012 . Open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age.*