In this day and age, it is too easy to make poor choices for our health. Fast food is on every corner, soft drinks are everywhere and technology makes it easy to live a sedentary lifestyle. But it doesn’t have to be so difficult to live a healthier life. If you focus on making small, sustainable healthy choices on a regular basis, you’ll quickly see how they start to add up and create a much larger impact. By setting smaller, achievable goals the lifestyle changes that once seemed overwhelming will be much more attainable.
To help kick-start this journey towards a more healthy and balanced lifestyle, Healthy Choice Canada is motivating Canadians to take The Healthy Choice Pledge. It’s as easy as going online to Facebook.com/HealthyChoiceCanada and signing up through the online application. The app suggests a simple, healthy choice every day that participants can complete to stay committed to their Pledge. Some examples of small, sustainable healthy choices include:
- Go for a walk with your kids each day
- Schedule regular “me time”
- Have monthly date nights with your spouse
- Swap out one pop or juice a day with water
To inspire fans to participate and prove that one healthy choice leads to another, Healthy Choice Canada is giving away $75,000 to three national charities. Each pledge can be dedicated to one of the following charities: Breakfast Clubs of Canada, Kids Help Phone and The Heart and Stroke Foundation.
To celebrate this great initiative, one of my lucky readers can win a Healthy Choice Pledge Prize Package valued at $200.
Contest closes Dec. 14, 2012
The Pledge Prize Package includes:
– Healthy Choice Gourmet Steamers coupons to get that freezer stocked with some healthy choices
– A Healthy Choice t-shirt and water bottle
– A pedometer and athletic headband
– A journal to keep track of your goals
– A Vitamin E Skin Care Kit
– A $40 Cineplex gift card to schedule a movie date with a family member or friend
– A $25 iTunes gift card to download your favourite tunes and get dancing
– A $20 Chapters gift card so you can spend some time relaxing with a good read